18 Mar 2012

Happy Mothers Day

As I am a poor student when it comes to birthdays and other such occasions I am always thinking of ideas for gifts I can make myself.
A couple of weeks ago I made a trip to Hobbycraft with my housemate and purchased a porcelain pen for a couple quid.
I was desperate to try it out so went on a hunt around Nottingham's charity shops looking for vintage plates.
I couldn't quite believe I found these four beauties in one day alone.
In total they cost around £9 which in my opinion is a bargain and the proceeds have gone to charity so I can hardly complain!
I chose to leave the two larger plates as they were and just drew on the smaller ones using stencils I traced myself off the internet... I was very pleased with the outcome and so was my mamma who received them as her Mothers day gift.


I should point out that my surname is McNally which is why I chose the 'Mc' design.