21 May 2012

Ombre


I have recently become slightly obsessed with dip dying.
Me and my housemates gave it a go ourselves last week and I was really pleased with the results (bottom left)
I have had to control myself from dip dying my whole wardrobe as it's a fashion that I predict will last no longer than the summer.
Despite this, I cannot wait until my coursework and exams are over so I can have a go at creating the above jumper and skirt.
My dip dying obsession doesn't just belong to clothes however, the bottom right photo is myself (right) and my housemate who both have dip dyed hair.
While she dipped the ends of her hair to dye them, I simply couldn't afford to get my roots done any longer so it is quite handy that ombre hair is currently in trend... 


Dip dying is a fantastic way of introducing colour into a wedding.
While I don't think I would ever be brave enough to wear a dip dyed wedding dress, Gwen Stefani looked amazing in hers.
I love the subtle introduction of colour in the above napkins and the ombre petals down the aisle really make  the white theme more exciting.
Another way of introducing ombre colour into a wedding is with the bridesmaids dresses.
I have always liked when bridesmaids wear different dresses as every body is a different shape and it is difficult to find one dress that suits everyone. Having each bridesmaid wearing a different shade of one colour could be really effective.